3/4 cup butter, frozen, plus more to butter dish
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3/4 tsp. coarse salt
8 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 2/3 cup granulated sugar
6 TBS flour
1/2 tsp. coarse salt
1 ½ c lemon juice
1/2 cup whole milk
Powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350. Butter 9×13″ dish and line with parchment paper.
2. Make crust – grate butter on a cheese grater with large holes. Set aside for a minute. Whisk together flour, powdered sugar and salt in large bowl. Add butter and stir with a wooden spoon until combined and mixture looks crumbly
3. Transfer mixture to the prepared dish. Press evenly on bottom with your hands. Freeze crust 15 minutes. Bake until golden: 16-18 minutes
4. Meanwhile, make filling. Whisk eggs, sugar, flour, and salt in a bowl till smooth. Stir in lemon juice and milk. Pour over hot crust.
5. Reduce oven temp to 325 and bake till filling is set and edges are slightly brown……about 18 minutes. Let cool partially on a wire rack. Lift out with parchment and let cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into 2″ squares. Dust with powdered sugar