- 6 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 cups roasted peeled and cubed butternut squash (about 1)*
- 3 cups water
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- dash of ground cayenne pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1. In a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil.
2. Puree soup and cream cheese with an immersion blender until smooth. Return to saucepan, and heat through. Do not allow to boil.
*To Roast the Butternut Squash, wash outside, cut lengthwise, scoop seeds out. Place in oven, flesh side up, loosely covered, for 25 minutes @400 degrees.
Recipe from Michelle Leebert