I use this in my cake business, Napa Cakery. Check out my cakes here: www.NapaCakery.com
Mix til combined on low, then beat three minutes on high:
- 1 pound high-ratio shortening
- 1 pound butter, room temperature
- 4 TB meringue powder
- 1/2 oz butter extract, clear
- 1/2 oz almond extract
- 1/2 oz vanilla extract, clear
- 7.5 oz water, cool
- 4 pounds sifted powdered sugar, (100% cane powder – no off brands, they have cornstarch added for anti-caking.)
After beating for three minutes, scrape sides and bottom well. Beat on high 2 minutes more. Then mix on low for 1-3 minutes to release air bubbles.
May store in airtight container in fridge, let come to room temperature and stir will before use. (Sometimes, I use ALL butter for extra creamy, extra-special buttercream!)
Half Batch (measured in cups and tsp) Approximate amount to fully decorate a 2 layer 8″ round cake or 48 cupcakes.
- 1 cup high ratio shortening
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 TB meringue powder
- 1 tsp butter extract, clear
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, clear
- 7 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar (2 lbs)
- 1/3 cup plus 1 TB water, (3.5 oz)
Scrape sides and bottom of bowl well, beat 2 min on high, then mix 1 minute on low to release air bubbles.