- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 cups half-and-half or 1 cup whole milk plus 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Whisk together the cocoa, cornstarch, sugar, salt, and about 1/2 cup half-and-half in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until the cocoa and sugar are dissolved. Whisk in the rest of the half-and-half.
Bring it just to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly, then reduce the heat and slowly simmer it 1 minute.
Stir in the vanilla and serve.