- 16 oz whole grain Penne pasta
- 5.5 oz of thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of cracked black pepper
- 12 oz baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz fresh mozzarella, cubed
Season with garlic salt, parsley, salt and additional pepper to taste.
Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
While the pasta is cooking, in a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks. Add 6 tablespoons of cooking water from the pasta to help temper the eggs. Whisk vigorously as soon as you add the water to the eggs.
Add the spinach and garlic to a pan with heated olive oil and saute for 2 minutes. Add the cooked pasta and stir through. Add the egg mixture and stir. Remove from heat. Add the cracked black pepper, mozzarella and Parmesan. Serve immediately with a little extra grated Parmesan. Enjoy!